25 May 2007

One week til the next prime number

Last year was a tough year and I'm not sure what to make of it. Many times over the course of the year, in an attempt to boost my spirits, people have fished out the old adage "What ever doesn't kill you will make you stronger." I don't believe it for a minute. I think this year has killed a large part of my spirit and I don't feel any stronger for it. The only thing that I'm certain of is that next year has to be better because it can't possibly be any worse.

In spite of all the nastiness that has plagued me, I have much to be thankful for especially my friends who were angels. I'm also excessively thankful that this will be my last year of school. I always try to be upbeat about still being in school because the end was nowhere in site, but frankly I hate it and have felt that way for a long time. This last year, all family issues aside, personified everything detestable about formal education without even giving a glimmer of the good side of school. Now that I'm almost finished, I don't feel bad saying it out loud. In fact it feels quite good. Anyway here are my lists of the good and bad of the last year and year to come.


Some horrible things about last year . . .

1. Loss
2. Family politics
3. Still being a student

Some fabulous things about the past year . . .
1. A new addition to the family
2. Fabulous, supportive, beautiful friends

Things to look forward to next year . . .
1. Finishing school forever
2. Moving back to Canadia
3. Being able to choose how I spend my time (well only somewhat, but I'll take it)

1 comment:

Eh-choo mui mui. said...

na'ana, of course you'll weather through it, school, politics, drama. you're a strong and wonderful woman. you never cease to amaze those around you, especially me!